Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
As part of a dynamic team, you will have the freedom to explore new ideas, experiment with novel solutions, and implement creative approaches to enhance our products. With a focus on delivering high-quality AI solutions on time and within scope, you will play an integral role in fostering a positive and productive work environment that encourages collaboration, open communication, and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work on video and audio processing models that will be used by millions of users monthly and make a global impact.
- Focus on research and stay on top of the rapidly evolving state-of-the-art within video and signal processing space. Reading papers and following the machine learning community discussing these papers is a key part of your job.
- Study best practices, develop untried approaches, work on prototypes and evaluate performance.
- Set up data augmentation pipelines and perform hyperparameter searches to build production-ready AI solutions.
- You will have strong experience in signal processing and applying that to manipulation of video and audio for end-users.
- You have a solid understanding of computer vision, especially the concepts of convolutional neural networks (CNNs), transformers, and diffusion models.
- Proficiency with the following technologies is required to be set up for success in this position: Deep learning frameworks (Pytorch gives bonus points, other frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, Theano, Mxnet), Python 3, Numpy, OpenCV, Docker & Kubernetes.
- You are inspired by the rapidly evolving state-of-the-art in the visual AI space, and staying on top of it is one of your key motivations.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and are eager to find and develop novel solutions to challenging problems proactively.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player and are eager to work together with your colleagues to brainstorm ideas.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.