Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
The mission of the Corporate Accounting team is to ensure that financial information withstands external scrutiny in compliance with all local regulations and standards. We are the gatekeepers of externally reported financial information and as the Canva business grows, we are exposed to a broader range of accounting regulations and reporting requirements.
We currently have team members in Sydney and Manilla, who make complex things simple by de-mystifying complex accounting standards for our stakeholders.
About the role
This position will build trust and reliability in our accounting transactions by making sure our accounting policies and positions are understandable internally and to the external market more broadly.
Work in partnership with the GL team, consolidation team and wider accounting team and help them bridge the GAAP. If you love solving complex accounting problems, have excellent communication skills, and know that paying rent is an asset, then this could be the role for you!
What you'll do
- Be an owner of the quarterly close process: calculating complex accounting estimates and preparing supporting documentation for assumptions and new accounting positions.
- Be a significant contributor to the team’s overall audit-readiness: implementing process improvements, applying new accounting standards and identifying opportunities along the way
- Make complex things simple: applying your technical accounting experience and research skills to understanding and accounting for Canva’s commercial transactions.
- Work closely with other finance teams: providing accounting advice and support to the wider accounting team as well as communicating accounting positions to the Accounting, Tax, and FP&A teams.
We'd love it if you are
- are CA / CPA Qualified
- have a Big 4 Accountancy background and / or commercial experience within a Financial Accounting or Corporate Accounting role
- have a proven technical accounting background and can apply this to the commercial realities of a high growth environment
- are adaptable and have a strong appetite to learn new things
- enjoy navigating complex topics, thrive on problem solving and can effectively communicate accounting concepts to various stakeholders.
- enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and are always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.