Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually.
As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there. Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives.
We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows. It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the Product Growth Supergroup
The extraordinary growth Canva has experienced to date has been primarily bottom-up and led from within our product, and the Product Growth ‘supergroup’ is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth.
On a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva, this cross-functional, global org of 185+ passionate people, is made up of four groups: User Growth; Teams Growth, Pro Growth, and Revenue Platform.
The work Product Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products & experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, through to building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products.
About the Pro Growth Group
Responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva Pro, Canva’s most significant revenue contributor with 11 million+ subscribers, the Pro Growth Group is deeply rooted within the Product Growth Supergroup. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences.
We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new Pro features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
Growing subscriptions ARR is a critical goal across the entire company. The Trials Growth team directly contributes to this by running a wide range of growth experiments, personalisation initiatives & Go-To-Market campaigns to drive new subscriptions growth. Our goal is to introduce the magic of Canva Pro to millions of more users by doubling our number of weekly trials and new monthly subscribers.
- You have a growth mindset and value detail as much as the big picture.
- You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working together to figure out the best experience for the user and how to impact the business.
- You're continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you.
- You live and breathe all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results.
What you'll achieve in the first 6-12 months
- Understand the different types of subscribers today and their use cases for Canva Pro
- Understand Canva Pro’s growth loops, levers and metrics
- Identify your first subscriptions growth opportunity, make a case for it, and see it through.
- Develop a product-led growth strategy for how we grow paid subscribers
- Work with the team to develop a backlog of growth experiment ideas alongside your product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with product design and engineering to deliver on our new subscribers growth strategy
- Product manage and lead the Trials Growth team that is responsible for new subscription growth.
- Define & implement subscription growth strategies that will enable us to hit our crazy big goals for Canva Pro
- Improve our product-led conversion of free active users to paid subscribers across mobile & desktop platforms
- Develop a data-driven mastery of our revenue conversion funnel and lead strategic deep dives to help identify key growth initiatives, Collaborate with peers to shape and drive the highest impact subscription growth product and experimentation roadmap
- Become a trusted internal subject matter expert on B2C subscriptions growth
Skills and experience we're looking for
- You have experience in a growth focussed product management role.
- B2C SaaS monetisation experience is a huge plus
- You love growth challenges and diving into metrics
- Experimentation and AB testing is your second language
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing
- When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organise clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems
- You pride yourself on being an owner and getting projects from idea to live!
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, coordinating the roadmap and getting results
- Your growth skills are sharp but so is your eye for a great product experience
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and data impact
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.