Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Owning and executing an engineering strategy that aligns with the overall Pexels vision;
- Creating a high-performance engineering team culture - hiring and team building, coaching and giving feedback, creating a culture of personal growth and development;
- Working collaboratively with product and design leadership partners to ensure delivery of Pexels engineering projects from the product roadmap;
- Ensuring appropriate engineering processes and practices are in place to scale sustainably,
- Building a strong connection between Pexels and broader Canva engineering to leverage existing frameworks and tools that will help Pexels scale
You're probably a match if you
- Have extensive experience as a Software Engineering Manager; having previously led teams in a high-growth environment
- Ideal experience scaling engineering practices at a successful startup; including but not limited to observability, infrastructure as code, and continuous improvement
- Have strong software engineering fundamentals; be able to hold court with principal-level engineers and significantly contribute to design documentation and complex software architecture
- Are comfortable combining big-picture thinking with sweating the details of execution, knowing what good looks like within a small engineering team
- While not necessarily coding, you are a roll-up-the-sleeves builder who is comfortable leading with influence; whilst direction and delegation will be a key part of this role to grow the capabilities of the team, at this stage of the company’s life cycle you will have to be hands-on too
- Are able to build relationships quickly outside of Pexels, and support the teams so they can navigate dependencies and operate effectively within the Canva framework
- Are able to inspire others to achieve their full potential and enable the leaders within your organization to build diverse, high-performing teams
- Have knowledge or experience with any of the following: Ruby on Rails, React, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Kubernetes, Cloudflare
About the team
Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved, and fastest-growing creative communities in the world with over 22k monthly active contributors. We give talented photographers the ability to share their imagery freely to our 30 million monthly active users. Among our millions of users are people from some of the greatest brands and companies in the world like Spotify, Google, Forbes, Buzzfeed, and Facebook.
Our mission is creative freedom: free and unrestricted access to photos and videos to help users create greatness. In 2018 Pexels was acquired by Canva and since then has become an integral part of Canva’s mission to empower the world to design by providing high-quality stock photography and videos for free.
We have a very high bar regarding the skills, character, and ambition of our team. We are looking for people who are among the very best in their field who can help us turn Pexels into one of the cultural icons used by hundreds of millions of creatives worldwide. We are particularly excited about candidates who value personal growth and dare to have crazy aspirations.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.