Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
The Native Core Team at Canva is responsible for the foundations of our mobile apps which are used daily by millions of people around the world. Our team’s mission is to ensure our native apps are robust and performant and to support native development at Canva. We also build and maintain the infrastructure supporting our build systems, continuous integration and deployment, stability and error monitoring and many more. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on millions of users and hundreds of other engineers within Canva.
- Work closely with engineers from various teams to provide the infrastructure powering our Android app used by millions of people all over the world.
- Build custom tools to improve developer experience for engineers working with the mobile apps.
- Improve and maintain the Android build system.
- Work with Canva’s infrastructure engineers to improve observability for Android.
- Build and maintain the tools driving continuous integration and deployment for our mobile apps.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Engage in technical and product design discussions with the team.
- Collaborate with other team members to figure out the best solutions for difficult engineering problems.
- Android application development experience (Kotlin).
- Knowledge of the Android build process and tooling.
- Experience working on CI, custom tooling or automation.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with other languages is a plus, but not required. We use Go, Python and Shell.
- Experience with some of the tools we use (including AWS, Nix, Terraform, Buildkite) is a plus, but not required.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite.
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers.
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy.
- Pet friendly offices.
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered for interstate or overseas individuals
This role is based in our Sydney office. However, it is remote-friendly for applicants physically based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.