Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
Canva’s International Marketing & Growth group is a diverse & distributed team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in our key international markets. You’ll partner closely with leads across the Marketing Supergroup to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for user and revenue growth goals for India. You will build and lead India's marketing, growth & sales teams to help achieve the country growth goals, as well as align priorities and projects with global stakeholders across Marketing, Growth, Product, Partnerships, Content, Finance & Strategy.
What you'll do:
- Act as the main POC and be responsible for overall user and revenue growth in India. You'll bring together local and global teams across marketing, sales and product to implement a cohesive growth strategy.
- You’ll identify key opportunities, challenges, and local and global levers to drive the growth of the Canva brand, user base, revenue and product adoption in the India market.
- Ideate a holistic GTM strategy in close partnership with Marketing, Product, Growth, Engineering, Sales, Research, Content, and other functions in the Global groups to coordinate various global and local programs and translate company-wide strategies into actionable plans.
- Leverage marketing channels of social media, influencer marketing, community engagement, PR, partnerships, search engine optimization, ASO, performance marketing, lifecycle management, etc. and product-led initiatives.
- Establish and take ownership of any sales, community and B2B programs to drive adoption among business of all sizes.
- Partner with stakeholders from product, product marketing, product growth, brand, creative and content teams to ensure a consistent and delightfully hyper-local experience for users in India at every stage of their journey and across all touch points - everything from onboarding to payment methods.
- Spearhead any local private/govt. partnerships to supercharge adoption among key segments: consumers, B2B and Education.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the India market dynamics, cultural nuances, and user needs to market Canva to a wide range of audiences, including knowledge workers, SMBs, students, startup ecosystems, NGOs, and other emerging sectors.
- Own the marketing and operational budget, revenue and growth metrics, also work closely with Finance, Data and Research to identify areas where Canva can improve the effectiveness and ROI
- Uphold our brand strategy and scale new programs and experiences to support our mission and brand values in our internal and external communities.
- Hire and lead a team of marketing, sales & operations functions over time - mobilizing them to implement the vision while positioning them to achieve their professional development goals.
- Play a key role in the global International Marketing Team in forging relationships, collaborating on strategic projects, aligning goals and resources with global stakeholders and global teams.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience, and 5+ years of leadership experience, where you have successfully delivered results driving awareness, acquisition, growth, revenue and retention. You are currently in a Country Manager, Head of Marketing, Head of Operations, Country Director, Growth Marketing Director, Brand Marketing Director or similar role capacity.
- Experience in technology, internet, or SaaS industry
- Experience in the Indian start-up sector
- Experience devising GTM strategies in India with proven results and an ultimate growth mindset
- Great networking and public speaking skills, allowing you to lead initiatives and build partnerships with local and national level officials, business executives, and influential figures.
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- Skills and experience in budget management, regularly identifying the most cost-effective approaches to drive the user and revenue growth metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to global stakeholders, your team, and external partners
- A natural teammate, with a proven track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- Able to grow, inspire, and coach high-performing teams. High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Full proficiency in English is required
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.