Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Role & Team
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a dedicated SEO specialist to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of product-led growth!
As an SEO specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to be an integral part of Canva’s global SEO strategy from start to scale. You’ll be working closely alongside team of SEO specialists across English and localised markets, as well as cross-functional product teams in rallying towards daring growth goals.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and you’re confident making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own SEO growth across SEO Platforms within Canva, as well as seeking alignment and buy-in with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, designers, other SEOs, and data analysts to drive Platform SEO from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Set clear SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize your SEO strategies and plans so everyone is across best practices across the business
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities
- Scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing Product SEO
- SEO strategies you have developed & executed have been the primary driver of growth within the business
- A deep understanding of search across all international markets, social networks and SAAS products driven by SEO
- A well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
- Bonus if you can demonstrate clear growth outcomes from any vertical or market category focused SEO strategies
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.