Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Technical Program Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 3,500 we need to work effectively together and improve our delivery ability as we scale, which is where our Technical Program Managers come in.
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of positive urgency in delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
About the User Voice Supergroup
The User Voice Group is our critical interface to our most valuable partners, our users. With more than 45 million monthly active users we have a critical need to ensure we’re ensuring that every Canva user has a flawless experience.
The User Voice Group is responsible for customer happiness, user empowerment and ensuring user trust. At Canva, our users are why we exist to Empower the World to Design and we have teams in Beijing, Austin, Manila and Sydney focused to support their needs.
As a Technical PgM in User Voice you will partner with leadership to set clear strategic goals, ensure clarity in communications across all user voice teams and ultimately ensure we deliver against strategic initiatives that improve the user experience.
You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, Data and everyone else in between to solve the highest impact problems for our users and Canva’s business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. You love to take green-field opportunities and build solutions & processes to solve them. Living and breathing all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with speciality leads and stakeholders on the planning and reporting of group goals
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple teams and projects
- Facilitate architecture discussions, project kickoffs, group events, and working sessions to ensure alignment of teams through clear communication
- Drive resource planning across the group with people leaders for project alignment, required skills, and hiring needs
- Ensure teams align to engineering standards, policies and practices through communication and processes
- Collaborate with engineers and vendors to establish success metrics for solutions from build to maintain
- Be point person for cross-group initiatives to drive alignment and clarity of group responsibilities
- Drive group scale and develop processes of continuous improvement for core group functions through workflows, automation, and good measurement practices.
- Promote accountability towards sustainable program delivery
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and manage program risks
- Manage dependencies across teams and groupsFacilitate effective, timely and transparent team decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of product development and engineering teams
Experience you'll need
- A minimum of 3 years TPgM experience at a SaaS company
- Experience working within a customer support organisation ITSM preferred
- Experience with security and compliance frameworks such as ISO & GDPR desired
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices with deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- Experience working with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver key company initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems Process-oriented but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goals
- Introspective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving in your craft as a TPgM
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Employee Assistant Program
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.