Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and chat experience.
In this role, you'll be in a key position to make our ambitious goals in the Natural language understanding/generation space. By using cutting-edge AI/ML techniques, you'll help deliver an incredible AI-powered customer support experience to our users. Talking about users: you will help to scale our customer support services to allow Canva to reach its Crazy Big Goals while keeping the High bar of customer satisfaction
- Work on customising LLM models that will impact millions of Customers every month.
- Stay on top of the rapidly evolving state-of-the-art within Natural Language Generation space.
- Study best practices, develop new approaches and work on prototypes while evaluating their performance.
- Customize and fine-tune LLM’s using open source models such as LLama, Falcon and etc.
- Experiment on large-scale cloud infrastructure (GCP and AWS) with high-end hardware, being mostly NVIDIA A10 and A100 Tensor Core GPUs, together with our ML Ops specialists.
- Analyze internal data sources, and generate, collect, and prepare data that will define our customer journeys.
- You have a Master’s (ideally PhD) degree in Computer Science, and/or extensive experience in applying Machine Learning on large-scale systems.
- You have a solid understanding of NLP, especially the concepts of Large Language Models, Prompt Engineering and Fine Tuning.
- Proficiency with the following technologies is desirable to be set up for success in this position: Deep Learning Frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow, Python 3, Numpy, Langchain.
- You have a solid understanding of modern software engineering principles.
- You have an excellent sense of ownership and like to take initiative to suggest and develop novel solutions to challenging problems proactively.
- You are an exceptional communicator and team player, eager to work with your colleagues to brainstorm ideas.
- You are able to communicate complex concepts with non-technical audiences and get them excited about embracing AI to make their work better.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.