Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Since launch in August 2013, Canva has grown exponentially, amassing over 40 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and copy.
About the role
To support this goal, we are looking for someone to manage our growing team of copy specialists. A Senior Copy Lead’s mission will be to empower this team to do their best work through strategic, people-focused decisions.
This is a rare opportunity for senior copy editors looking to manage and grow their own creative teams.
What you’ll do...
- You’ll nurture the Template Copy Team’s mission and vision, direct goals, and empower the team to deliver them by building a strong culture of collaboration and feedback
- You’ll collaborate with leads to build roadmaps and plans to achieve the team’s professional and personal goals while helping the business achieve Canva’s goals through effective leadership and communication
- You’ll oversee the team structure and provide input on the growth and hiring strategy for the team
- You’ll look after the performance of team members and identify unique opportunities for their growth and personal development
- You’ll liaise with key stakeholders in the business to ensure that the team is well-represented in high-level discussions and decision-making
- You’ll ensure a high quality of creative output across the Templates’ product verticals that require content strategy and copywriting
- You’ll champion and celebrate the impact of the Template Copy Team across Canva and beyond
What we’re looking for someone...
- With 3+ years of experience in an Editorial or Leadership role with a creative studio, agency or publishing company
- Who has successfully managed one or more creative teams, with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- With a high level of craft and is comfortable in different media, formats, and projects
- With the ability to communicate well and is able to share their knowledge to a growing copywriting team
- Who can represent Canva and our values to the PH creative community
- Who is comfortable with making detailed strategies and plans that can be executed
- Who loves building relationships that lead to business growth, high team engagement, and success
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.