Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
We have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The Teams & Education (T&E) Super-Group is involved in the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and which drive much of Canva’s revenue. In T&E, we perform everything from crafting & building outstanding product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more!
We strive to further grow these products tenfold globally over the next few years. The Super-Group comprises 4 Groups, 15 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva achieve its user and growth goals.
This year the Home and Content Management group is on a mission to Inspire everyone to visually communicate and stay organised. Our group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. We want to make Canva the tool that every team big and small wants to use to collaborate and communicate everyday - from kindergarten to the workplace.
Join us to lead engineering for the Home and Content Management group to ensure we have the skills and direction needed to build and deliver robust and scalable services and features. critical services and support a broad set of product teams owning critical components of the Canva UX. Ultimately you will support all Teams & Education users to manage their content and inspire them to create their next design on Canva.
What you'll do
- As the Group Engineering Manager, you will represent Engineering in the leadership team. This will involve working closely with Product, Design, Data and QA leads.
- Collaborate with engineers to scope and solve sophisticated problems across the group's product teams.
- Coach and support the software engineering team leads and advocate for a culture of psychological safety.
- Scale engineering to meet the growing needs of the roadmap.
- Coordinating and communicating across various specialities and parts of the business to understand the impact and feasibility of strategic goals within the group.
- Ensure the Home and Content Management group is constantly working towards delivering on the group strategy and vision by continuously assessing current and future business needs.
- Drive planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring there is alignment between the company, group, and teams.
- Drive delivery of large, cross-team, and cross-group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion.
- You are still in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles.
- Proven technical and people leadership, having created impactful teams previously.
- Experience leading multiple teams through leading managers and guided by company missions, goals, and strategies.
- Invested in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities.
- Excellent customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of T&E users and view opportunities to empower them to do their best work.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.