Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
At the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless are the strong executors that take pride in their craft and in delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding and everything in between, we fuel Canva's growth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the role
The Global Mobility team provides advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for all matters relating to visas, relocation, international remote working and business travel. We facilitate domestic and international moves in support of Canva’s people growth and talent strategies.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Lead to oversee all aspects of Canva’s global mobility programs, developing solutions that enable and support international and domestic employee mobility. You’ll lead a high performing team of Global Mobility Specialists to anticipate business needs and proactively address those needs through mobility solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure Canva’s mobility programs are aligned with company goals, are competitive and enhance the overall employee experience.
- Own the design, development and implementation of mobility policies and programs relating to immigration, relocation, international remote working and business travel.
- Ensure mobility services are delivered effectively. This includes working with third party vendors to deliver at a high standard and provide exceptional service to our team.
- Provide technical leadership on program design, employee experience, operations, measurement, continuous improvement and other aspects of the mobility lifecycle.
- Partner strategically with business leaders, People, Finance, Legal and Total Rewards teams to design, communicate and execute on mobility and remote work initiatives.
- Grow skills and impact within the team by setting crazy big goals, and inspiring, unblocking and supporting the team to make them happen.
Who you are:
- Extensive experience leading across Global Mobility.
- Have a solid understanding of global tax, immigration and relocation best practices. Experience in Australia, the wider APAC region, the United States and Europe is highly desirable.
- Prior track record of successfully partnering with rapidly growing global companies. This can be in the form of either in-house or mobility consulting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to adapt in a fast paced environment to balance needs of the business and the employees while maintaining compliance.
- Comfortable working in high-ambiguity situations and coming up with solutions for time-sensitive matters.
- Experience in multicultural, geographically dispersed, international HR teams.
- Care deeply about the people you’re leading and in creating a nurturing, safe and supportive work environment.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.