Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Want to join Canva?
Canva’s People Group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. As we continue to grow, we are looking for experienced senior People Partners (HR Business Partners) to join our global People Partnering team and help elevate our User Voice Group.
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with your People Group peers and User Voice Specialty leads to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs that support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams to scale optimally. You’ll be an HR enabler who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You know that meeting the business where it's at, building exceptional foundations and positive relationships is the key to ensuring those high impact, highly strategic pieces of work land with positive impact at scale.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Help build an exceptional people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, and inclusive organisation design; whilst contributing your outstanding insights from an HR perspective
- Be a strategic member of your client group leadership teams and a trusted advisor to the Group Leads; guiding and coaching leaders on the full gamut of challenges and opportunities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and across multiple Groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business opportunities and challenges we’re working to solve; design & deliver tailored people strategies & solutions that both scale and enable them to achieve Crazy Big Goals
- Work with your leads to build highly engaged and effective teams, partnering with them on key priorities such as team effectiveness, growth and impact, leadership development, talent management, organisation design, Canvanauts planning and cultivating culture.
- Support international expansion efforts
- Build critical context within your group and, working with your People Group and CoE peers, be "the voice of the business" in the design phase of Canva-wide talent programs.
- Facilitate and build leadership capability around cyclical people programs, such as Impact, growth & development, and compensation reviews
- Extensive experience in the people & culture space as a People Partner
- Background working with tech startups or in hyper growth and scaling environments
- Experienced and skilled at working with and influencing a wide range of partners, including senior leaders, team leads & coaches, as well as other People teams
- A natural coaching attitude and approach, as well as an excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, organisational design & development, talent management, and employee relations.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise a lot of information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Incredible organisation skills, a high degree of judgement and ability to juggle a diverse range of priorities
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things end to end; whatever the job calls for!
- Progressive, innovative and passionate about developing extraordinary people and organisations
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.