Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva, you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
About the group and team
As an integrated design platform, Canva contains over 100 million pieces of content: from templates to photos, icons, and fonts. Search is the platform that brings this content to our users, and a relevant and reliable search is a fundamental multiplier on the value of Canva as a platform.
You’ll be responsible for the product vision for how we improve the quality of search results across Canva, balancing important priorities such as new feature development, search result relevance, as well as speed and reliability. Working with several product teams, you’ll work with highly proficient engineers, tech leads, and product managers across Canva looking to make their content visible.
What You'll Do
- Set the strategic vision and product priorities for a useful, relevant, and impactful search system at Canva
- Engaging with technical, product, design and business partners to prioritize and build what really matters
- Propose, run, and analyze algorithmic improvements to search with our data scientists and analysts
- Evaluating our competitive landscape and positioning Canva as the leader in search and content discovery
- You enjoy delivering value to users and understand the importance and value of technical improvements to search. Your first response to every question is “what does the data say?”, but you also believe in intuition and the ability to make judgment calls when data is not available.
- You have experience defining the product roadmap for a world class search experience. You also have proven the ability to influence other teams, who display search results on surfaces, across the Canva product.
You'll Love This Role if..
- You have 4 + years of experience in product management
- You love data, and fluently speak the language of experimentation and making data-driven decisions.
- You enjoy having ownership and impact on functions critical to the product, with excellent influences on the core funnel.
- You enjoy working with people across many specialties, from other Product Managers to Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts.
- Nice to have - past experience with scalable search technologies such as Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch, and Algolia
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.