Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Our People Operations team are at the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless. We are problem solvers and collaborators, with a relentless focus on delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding, and everything in between, People Ops fuels Canva's growth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the role
The People Advisory team is a newly formed team that sits in Canva's People Shared Services function. Championing our culture and values, this team will partner closely with individuals and their coaches to provide practical and individualised policy guidance on a wide range of personal matters, or to escalate further with our partners (such as the People Relations/People Partnering teams) as needed.
What you'll do
The People Advisory Lead will lead the People Advisory team which provides advice on a range of people related matters. This role will drive partnerships with People Partners, People Relations and Helpdesk, and other cross-functional teams to build effective frameworks and resources to ensure our coaches and Canvanauts feel supported in the workplace.
Lead the People Advisory team providing guidance and support on all People Advisory matters.
- Coach a small team to provide high touch support to all Canvanauts and coaches, whilst supporting the creation of new processes and resources.
Provide subject matter expertise and act as an escalation point for the team on matters such as:
- Guide Canvanauts experiencing mental health challenges or burn out.
- Extended leaves and absences from work, as well as return to work support
- Support Work Health & Safety, including workers comp support
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Personal moves, including internal transfers
- Outside interests disclosures.
- Support Canvanauts to address workplace challenges, such as difficulties working with other team members.
Scaling consistent ways of working and support to meet global business needs.
- Build the People Advisory model at Canva by working with key internal partners (including People Relations, People Partners, Helpdesk Tier 1 team) to clearly define roles and responsibilities; escalations and case management practices.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and drive improvements.
- Support Canva’s growth in new locations and work with our global teams to ensure alignment across all locations.
Build the appropriate resources and guidelines for our Coaches and Canvanauts to enable self service.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to provide the relevant training and education whilst continuing to build the leadership capability across the business.
What we're looking for
- Experience providing leadership and advice relating to employee related matters and benefits.
- People Advisory experience in Australia is a must. Experience working across regions in a global company is highly desirable.
- Proven knowledge of policies and employment issues, with an understanding of compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Exhibits the highest level of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and empathy.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from verbal and written communications to Canva presentations.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to balance needs of the business and the employees while maintaining confidentiality and compliance.
- Comfortable working in high-ambiguity situations, and coming up with solutions for time-sensitive matters.
- Experience in geographically dispersed, international HR teams.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.