Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, the role is focused on:
- Coaching a team of data specialists, composed of Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Analysts and Analytics Engineers. This role will act as a driver of data strategy in this Supergroup and will coordinate closely with the Supergroup Leadership Team.
- Closely coordinate with several collaborators and a real sense of drive and initiative to keep things moving. Nobody tells you what to do; you identify the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through.
- Although you are a technical guru, you also have people skills and know how to coordinate a team, align with collaborators, and organise a data strategy in your particular area.
- Finding insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Suggesting and running interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Designing and overseeing the productionising of measures of success for Supergroup initiatives.
- Supporting your data team to own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hyper-growth environment.
- Supporting your data team to use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!) Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
You're probably a match if:
- Proven experience leading large data teams and/or cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
- Experience working with cross functional partners to develop strategy and roadmaps.
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area.
- Experience leading a product analytics team is preferred.
- Experience working with very large data sets.
About the team
We're looking for self-motivated Senior Data Lead who is curious about our product and our users, and who is excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
You’ll be leading a diverse data team of more than fifteen people who support a broader cross functional product team of around 200 people. We’re looking forward to you continuing to grow our data team and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals and help more people.
This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, building an exceptional data culture, communicating closely with collaborators, and empowering the data team to drive impact proactively.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.