Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Our Canva University Team
Canva University is on a mission to help each and every Canvanaut grow and develop in the skills that will help them to make a positive impact, by offering the most impactful learning experiences possible.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our 12 Skills Framework, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva - everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness, capability development, performance and personal development.
We're a team with a diverse range of skills who partner together to strategise, craft and deliver learning experiences. We are designers, engineers, teachers, facilitators, psychologists and doers. We craft instructor led and asynchronous learning to support every Canvanaut on their growth journey.
This role will partner with our IT Group to deliver impactful and diverse learning experiences aimed at making all our Canvanauts experts in the hardware and systems they use every day. You'll be iterating on our existing content, working with a range of IT stakeholders to create new engaging curriculum, build learning pathways within our LMS, and create new, transformational learning experiences.
What you'll do...
- Use your expertise in digital learning to bring a high level of detail, quality and focus to our IT curriculum, looking at ways to innovate and push the boundaries of UX and Learning Design to deliver impactful and varied learning experiences.
- Shape and connect IT learning content to our growth and development framework - ensuring all Canvanauts can identify and access learning content toward their goals easily.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, harnessing their technical knowledge to build approachable learning programs suitable for experienced and non-experienced usersPartner with ITLeads to build out custom learning experiences that are scalable, virtual and hybrid friendly.
- Track and analyse instructor and course performance trends and translate these learnings into actions to meet both learning and business goals.
- Partner with our internal and external teams to film and edit courses.
- Build out our technology learning portfolio to include diverse learning modalities across e-learning, animation, video, podcast, AR/VR, gaming, and simulations.
- Identify internal and external subject matter experts, content and speakers to help us build the best curriculums in the world.
- Run multiple projects and moving parts with differing deadlines, keeping others on track and informed, and ensuring goals are clear and met on time.
What we are looking for...
- Prior experience in technology or systems training or related curriculum is desired but not essential.
- Experience crafting blended and digital learning products using the latest design and development techniques. To include, micro learning, scenario-based eLearning, simulations, podcasts, video/animation, mobile design, games/gamification. Experience of emerging technologies including AR and VR.
- Experience in taking technical subject matter and creating approachable and easy to understand learning content
- Substantial experience working with agile methodologies in a learning context.
- Expertise in the management of cross-functional teams.
- Delivery of company-wide learning solutions.
- Creative thinking, planning and management of existing and emerging learning environments
- Experience in inclusive learning design - translating learning across borders, and enhancing the accessibility of learning to a diverse audience.
- Experience with Authoring Tools and Learning Management Systems
What you'll learn...
- You’ll work with our Program Leads to innovate in the digital learning space
- You’ll be a critical component of IT’s mission to empower all Canvanauts through technology
- Add to our Canva University content, helping us to make learning accessible to everyone.
- How to set crazy big goals and achieve them.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.