Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Strategy and Analysis team. Strategy and Analysis is unique in the cross-company role it plays, with a mission of driving strategic initiatives to ensure Canva achieves its long-term foundational goals. This role will directly impact growth strategy development and inform key decision-making by Canva’s senior leadership.
You’ll be working in a diverse and exciting role supporting the Canva Founders and senior leadership on strategic projects to help Canva in achieving its crazy big goals. As the senior data guru on the team, you’ll be conducting quantitative analyses and drawing out the implications of what this means for Canva - often using these insights to proactively identify further opportunities to accelerate Canva’s rapid growth.
Your excellent commercial and technical acumen will be relied upon to come up with solutions to novel problems, and you will confidently engage with senior leadership to present your solutions. You will also amplify your impact by supporting more junior team members.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest-growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, and product professionals.
- Proactively identify opportunities to advance Canva and its goals.
- Support the delivery of strategic projects sourced from the founders, CFO and across the business by transforming data into key insights and recommendations for decision-making.
- Use your comfort and deep expertise in working with large volumes of data to drive projects forward and your commercial acumen to translate analysis into actionable solutions for stakeholders.
- Consistently bring analytical rigour to your projects and confidently engage with senior leadership on data-driven solutions to novel problems.
- Role model for junior analysts in Strategy and Analysis, and the broader Canva data community.
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
We'd love it if you have:
- Strong competency with SQL.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience delivering data-driven projects and packaging insights for business stakeholders.
- Comfort working with ambiguity and getting to a solution even with imperfect data.
- Confident verbal and written communication with senior leadership - particularly breaking down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to independently drive projects to completion, including technical delivery as well as excellent stakeholder management.
- Can build authentic relationships with stakeholders and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- If you have a keen eye for detail, a proven desire to keep learning and enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver, then this could be the role for you!
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone.
We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.