Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company.
Our mission at Kaleido as part of Canva is to empower the world to design with AI and to democratize visual AI by creating easy-to-use visual AI tools for individuals and businesses of all sizes, enjoyed by more than 100+ million monthly users from 200+ countries.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
In this role, you'll take a crucial part in the continued development
of new features as well as support and maintenance for our background removal products remove.bg
- Implement features to our products remove.bg and unscreen.com as well as publish improvements to client & server-side code and documentation.
- Manage code quality, work on improving performance and compatibility, and be involved in feature decisions.
- Oversee the implementation and evolution of the products and services owned by the team in an agile, cloud-based development environment and be part of one of our 4 scrum teams.
- Write and review technical analysis documents, conduct code reviews with your team to ensure code & architecture quality, and promote healthy engineering practices in the team (e.g. unit testing).
- Create public-facing APIs and SDKs, from concept to implementation and documentation.
- Work on improving the scalability, reliability, and usability of our features.
- 5+ yrs of suitable experience in Software engineering (ideally with experience in developing SaaS features). A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field is a plus.
- Know-how in structuring growing Ruby on Rails applications, including refactoring and tooling decisions, as well as experience in writing automated tests (unit & integration) round off your technical skills.
- Solid understanding of REST/GraphQL API designs and integration as well as of SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Eagerness to work with smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you are excited about getting to know the space of visual AI.
- Experience in working at startups and/or tech companies is a bonus.
- Passion for clean and maintainable code and a team player, who likes to take ownership.
- Work in one of the fastest-growing visual AI startups in Austria surrounded by like-minded people. Our visual AI products are industry-leading solutions that are easing the life of more than 25 million people globally every month.
- We are a part of the Canva family. Our collaboration with teams around the globe supercharges our work to empower the world to design. Canva’s success story is unique - and you benefit from it by participating in the company stock option program.
- Join an international team in Vienna (more than 65 people from 25 nationalities) and collaborate with lots of smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you get to know the space of visual AI. Watch this video to learn more about our engineering organization - a tech talk given by your future coach/manager at Kaleido.
- You will have a flexible work schedule of 38.5h/week and a no-all-in contract. Work remotely, from our office located in Vienna's 3rd district, or mix-and-match. We can easily find an option that works best for you and Kaleido.
- We care about our employees and we believe mental health should be a priority, just like taking care of our bodies and staying in shape. We provide mental health support through an online platform specialized in professional counseling.
- Your lunch and your commute with Wiener Linien are on us. You can also find unlimited snacks, coffee, and beverages in our office.
- You receive a yearly allowance for professional education & personal well-being as well as additional leave days for volunteering.
- We organize regular (international) events at the company & team levels to foster team bonding.
We are required by law to state the minimum salary for this position , which is at least EUR 55,000 gross per year. We pay competitive salaries - depending on your qualifications and experience - and you also get to participate in the company’s stock option program .
We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Join us and design your future.