Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Role
Labeling Review Lead will form part of the Relevance Label Quality Team under Search and Recommendation group, working closely and managing both in-house labellers, contractors labellers and the rest of the team to maintain the high search relevance of elements & templates. Design templates and elements such as photos, graphics, videos and stickers are admitted into the Canva library, covering a range of styles, topics, and categories. With the growth of our contributor base and the massive uptick of elements & templates uploaded for use in our library, our team is always eager to look for fresh eyes to continue to broaden Canva’s offering of quality, discoverable content. Our team’s scope of work includes – but is not limited to – relevance labeling, quality assurance, and relevance calibration.
With all the beautiful and trendy content in our elements and templates library, we ensure that search results of our users are highly relevant and appropriate for their user experience in designing. As part of the Relevance Label Quality Team, you will have the opportunity to invigorate and strengthen Canva’s content library, supporting our user’s drive to design.
What you'll do
- Leading and coaching a team of labeling content labellers for both in-house and contractors
- Handling and facilitating contractor management such as hiring, onboarding and offboarding of contractors
- Maintaining high quality standards of internal and external team of labellers
- Builds process improvement on current tooling and team processes
- Facilitates team meetings for weekly cadences on team’s workload
- Managing and communicating deadlines and priorities based on team and Canva-wide goals
- Calibrate with in-house labellers for any labeling trends
- Coordinates with stakeholders from Search & Recommendation Team in implementing projects aimed at improving the labeling processes and tools
What we're looking for
- Has at least 3 years experience as a multimedia designer that specializes in graphic design layout and has a professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional graphic designing content
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of visual design (animation, photography, illustration, lighting, composition, branding, color, typography, etc.) and standards of graphic design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- A good sense of worldly awareness in order to label accordingly to latest policies, especially valuing inclusion and diversity
- Has a good understanding of keyword relevancy and high command of English language skill
- A proven ability to select high search relevance of impactful photos, animation and graphic styles
- Has at least 3 years of experience in people management and hiring (such as managing direct reports or a team of designers)
- Has strong communication skills for coordinating with team key stakeholders
- Skills in project management, time management and great attention to detail
About the group
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - photos, illustrations, fonts, videos, and more. As the company grows, so too does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs by continually improving search relevancy of user queries.
It is critical that all of the beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every single day by our teams, contributors, and partners are consistently labeled by in-house and contractor labellers who will be managed by our Labeling Review Lead for search relevance. This is the cornerstone of providing a world-class designing experience for all our users.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.