Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group
FP&A is an incredibly powerful function and it’s no different at Canva!
As we continue to grow at scale we need to make sure that everyone is investing mindfully in the strategies and goals that are going to drive the most growth and have the biggest impact.
Working closely with Business Leaders, our CFO and Investor Relations we help the company predict, track, report (and smash) their goals.
At Canva we have three core Foundational Goals linked to Active Users, Annualised Revenue and Profitability; and our FP&A team is organised in a similar way. This programmatic approach to FP&A helps support our people in a way they understand and means we are all working towards the same overarching goals.
To do that our FP&A team performs the following core pieces of work:
- Develops robust plans up front
- Understand how execution maps to strategies and how those strategies map to financial plans
- Track and report against performance against goals at the company & strategic level
- Help our people understand how they contribute to the success of our business
- Hold people accountable to performance against their goals (and therefore our company performance)
- Help teams take action in a strategically aligned way when things don’t go according to plan
About the role
As the Head of Revenue FP&A you will be responsible for leading a highly motivated team of finance partners that support our revenue focussed teams. You will form trusted relationships with key leaders across all our revenue programs at Canva and provide strategic decision support as you help drive the company towards our Revenue goals.
You will be the FP&A program lead across all our revenue streams at Canva and will play a key role in assisting with the forecasting, tracking and reporting of revenue performance as well as providing critical strategic and commercial support to all our key Leaders.
Your role will give you exposure to the company financial plans, bringing these to life around the business and assisting our leaders in tracking and reporting performance against our Revenue goals across Canva Pro, Canva Teams and Canva Print.
Due to our programmatic approach to FP&A you will also have exposure to our Pricing and Product Growth teams that play an integral part in the Revenue teams achieving their ambitious goals. You will also form a close working relationship with the FP&A Leads of our User and Profitability programs, understanding the user journey all the way from acquisition to free to paid and being connected to our overarching product vision.
You will also be part of an exciting period of growth at a truly global, Sydney HQ company. We are only 1% of the way towards achieving our overarching vision at Canva, and FP&A will be at the heart of how we bring the story of our revenue performance on that journey to life!
What you'll do
- You will be the key bridge between FP&A and the Finance Business Partners supporting the Revenue org at Canva
- You will provide decision support to multiple stakeholders (including the Head of Revenue) to drive strategic alignment and make sure our performance can be understood against the strategies we are pursuing as a business.
- You will deliver smart analysis to decision-makers to assist up front and provide that connection to finance to monitor the effects at the back end on our Foundational Goals.
- You will drive action to maintain trajectory against our goals ensuring action is strategically aligned
- You will drive the annual planning process for revenue at Canva
- You will have a strong coaching relationship with the Revenue Finance Partners in a way that fosters strategic and critical thinking being applied when financial decisions are being made
What we're looking for
- Somebody with experience leading FP&A teams
- Somebody with experience of forecasting and analysis of Revenue performance
- Somebody with great interpersonal skills who can form meaningful relationships based on transparency, dependability and trust
- Somebody with a clear understanding of their leadership style and experience in motivating and leading teams
- Somebody who is happy operating in an environment that constantly challenges us to move from chaos to clarity
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.