Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As an experienced Project Manager, you’ll help us scope, plan and deliver on our crazy big goals and will rally cross-team goal squads to ensure successful delivery. You’ll help Canva’s People team to scale for the future through multiple system change projects, ensuring we are clear on the problems we need to solve and collaborating with partners across People, IT and the rest of Canva to build creative and impactful solutions.
This is a 12 months fixed-term contract opportunity. Open to remote expressions of interest across Australia.
Please note as this is a fixed term contract, there will be no equity package available.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Rally others: Rally cross-team goal squads and external partners to row in the same direction, managing the timelines, and cadences and ultimately ensuring we launch our big, complex multi-year people tech goals successfully
- Bring clarity to chaos: Keep our goals on track by spotting dependencies, decisions and assumptions and take us on the journey towards progress and clarity. You’ll take our big complex goals and break them down into manageable tasks for our teams to deliver.
- Thrive in the grey: Your favourite word is ‘pivot’. Be prepared to manage complexity and ambiguity as we continue to mature and establish our ways of working
- Assess the path forward: Work with your partners across Canva and external vendors and stakeholders to assess our potential options and solutions and facilitate collaborative decision-making to ensure a clear and aligned recommendation.
- Keep an eye on the detail: You are solutions-orientated and in the details, but focus on the horizon, flipping between big-picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- Think strategically: (beyond just the here and now), Canva is growing and we need you to help us navigate our way through different complexities and global, regional and/or country impacts as we continue to scale.
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate: with your core team, our partners across IT, procurement and finance, and stakeholders across the People Group. In this team, the collaboration never ends! You think and act as ‘We’, not ‘Me’ and love nothing more than to build trusted relationships, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life and having the best time doing it.
You're probably a match if
- Proven experience leading complex people projects in a role focussed on improving how a team or business works.
- Passion and understanding of the HR Technology landscape and experience implementing complex HR tools as part of a broader HR Technology roadmap (experience with Workday highly regarded).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including the ability to influence senior leaders within a highly matrixed organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills to produce engaging communication plans.
- Comfort with chaos and ambiguity and an ability to use your passion for efficiency and improvement to map out a path to clarity.
- Bias for action, constantly creating positive impact and being a force for good.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.