Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Product Growth Super Group
The Pro Growth Group is part of the wider Product Growth Super Group. Thewy are on a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva, this cross-functional, global org of 185+ passionate people, is made up of four groups: User Growth; Teams Growth, Pro Growth, and Revenue Platform.
The work Product Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products & experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, through to building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products.
About the Pro Growth Group
This Group is responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva's most significant revenue contributor - Canva Pro with 11 million+ subscribers. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences. We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new Pro features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
As a Technical Engineering Lead, you’ll be responsible for leading motivated engineers that build, and run experiments and A/B tests across different parts of our application. You’ll also be accountable for productizing successful experiments, as well as developing tools and frameworks that help our teams to create experiments rapidly and reliably.
You would be working in cross-functional teams with UI/UX designers, content designers, product managers, and engineers (including QA and data analyst) and are encouraged to fully participate in conceptualisation and strategy to help find the best ways to grow critical company metrics. As we operate across different parts of our application, you should have crucial soft skills to resolve technical constructive discussions with other teams and code owners.
- Previously built high-performing and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles; comfortable contributing to design documents and performing thorough code reviews
- Exceptional customer focus and able to collaborate with Product and Design collaborators on defining use cases and requirements
- Measurement-oriented, and have experimentation mentality
- Ready to jump and contribute to an uncharted territory where roles and challenges are not well defined
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.