Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Smartmockups group currently consists of almost 40 people working towards our mission to help everybody to mockup anything . We are working on several different products, but they have one common thing - bringing any design to life . The main focus is to have the best mockup experience in Canva, including the homepage tool and in-editor application. Mockup discoverability and integration into Canva are critical for us as it helps Canva reach its goals.
What you’ll do:
- You effectively delegate and empower others to solve problems
- You manage the complexities of multiple stakeholders to drive the team to achieve goals
- You empower others to make decisions and take ownership for delivery and quality of outcomes
- You identify opportunities for collaboration to minimize duplication and deliver shared goals that benefit Canva
- You challenge the views of others in an open and constructive way
- You fully scope out problems and solutions, taking into consideration their impact within and across teams
What we’re looking for:
- You have worked with engineers and have a good understanding of web tech stacks.
- You're familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture. Background in software engineering is a big plus ++
- You have experience in a product management role; for a consumer-facing SaaS product, related online software product, or digital product.
- You are not afraid to stand in front of others and present your ideas in English.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, and dreaming up inventive solutions to tackle ambitious problems. You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You master the process from the initial idea to its final release. You’ve been there, you’ve done that before.
- You are a problem solver who is driven by data and challenge. You have a structured process for problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
You are familiar with:
- International cooperation experience or global product
- Tools: Slack, Figma, Jira, Confluence
- Helping with road mapping and planning the entire strategy for the group/ company
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home).
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.