Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Now part of the Canva family, Flourish is the world’s leading data storytelling platform. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics and interactive stories without coding. Whether it’s data on the covid-19 pandemic , air pollution , unemployment data , or the FIFA World Cup , you’ve likely seen some of our visualizations even if you didn’t realize it. Our users include the news organizations like the BBC and Financial Times, large companies like Accenture, NGOs like Amnesty, and of course many individuals and small organizations around the world. Since launching in 2018, more than 500,000 registered Flourish users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
What you’ll do
- Build strong relationships with your coachees and help them grow and develop.
- Laying the engineering foundations for the next generation of data visualization.
- Working closely with product leadership to set and deliver on SMART goals.
- Creating a culture of engineering and design excellence in the team by identifying areas of improvement and laying out a plan on how to do things better.
- Individually contributing to the code base, creating new visualizations, and improving the overall code health.
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced data visualization developer who enjoys working collaboratively and wants the opportunity to lead a team of data visualization developers. You care deeply about the quality of your work and are thinking about how to improve both what you’re doing and how the team works together. You’re happy to adopt existing conventions of the codebase while having ideas for how it could evolve.
- You also have experience as a team lead and are passionate about having an impact by enabling others to succeed and helping your coachees grow. You’ll lead decisions on how to visualize data across many different visualization types. You’ll be working on tools, not one-off graphics, so it’s also important that you have the discipline to solve problems properly and an instinct for technical architecture. You’ll also care about user-friendly interfaces and have an imagination for the countless ways users might make use of what you and the team are building.
- You’re a friendly colleague and you work well in a close-knit team. Importantly, you’re excited by Flourish and the opportunity to make it better.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.