Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group
The Cloud Platform Group owns Canva’s cloud infrastructure, which ensures the safe, secure and reliable operation of canva.com . Our mission is “To reduce the complexity burden of using the Cloud”, which we achieve through a combination of the tooling and services we provide, our robust standards, comprehensive developer documentation library and a team of experts who love a good challenge.
Cloud Platform engineers appreciate how strong continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) tooling uplifts the entire developer experience. Our platforms support engineers across the company to provision and configure Cloud resources, as well as to lead release, runtime and operational workflows. This group provides key support for critical internal workflows, and we do all this in the simplest and most secure way possible. What we create will free engineers from having to worry about what goes on under the hood, allowing them to produce their best work. We are the stewards of a seamless, scalable ecosystem that’s extensible, easy to use, and backed by uncompromising security.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity for you to be one of the foundational Cloud FinOps team members at Canva. The Cloud FinOps vision is to have a culture that empowers engineers at Canva to seamlessly maximise value for every dollar spent in the Cloud. If you have a passion for continuous learning, collaboration, problem solving, and building amazing technical solutions to solve real business problems, joining our team will put you in the spotlight to help Canva achieve its two step plan.
What you'd be doing in this role:
- Lead the way in establishing a FinOps culture at Canva
- Be responsible for the continued development of new features, functionality, and optimisation from raw data ingestion, to the access and modelling layer, through to maintaining the visualization layer
- Design, build out, and autonomously lead discussions about our team's products to address problems from our product teams and company leaders
- Take a customer-focused approach to technical leadership, working to strike a balance between company and team priorities
- Coach the professional development of the engineers on your team. This involves providing guidance and support to help them grow, finding opportunities for advancement, and holding them accountable for their own progress
- Hands-on development, tuning, and overall management of our FinOps platform.
You're probably a match if:
- You have successful experience in a team leadership role with direct reports, whilst being hands on yourself
- You can code proficiently in Golang
- You have experience working with infrastructure as code and Cloud providers (AWS preferred)
- You've worked with data ingestion and transformation in modern cloud-based data platform solutions such as Snowflake and dbt
- You are curious and enjoy discovering new areas and having an understanding of areas outside of your expertise. Solving those opportunities and problem spaces with technical ideas and solutions
- You know how to engage with people from different backgrounds and craft. You can explain ideas and decisions using different communication styles to suit the audience, ranging from engineers to senior leadership
- You are excited about designing solutions at scale, pragmatically planning what delivers the most value with low cost. Working with many different collaborators, each with their own problems. Tying the short-term steps that open the long-term goals.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.