Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group :
Responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva's most significant revenue contributor - Canva Pro with 11 million+ subscribers, the Pro Growth Group is deeply rooted within the Product Growth Supergroup. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences. We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new Pro features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
Our key strategic pillars for 2023 are Seamless Subscribing, Subscriber Engagement, Mobile Monetisation and Localized Packaging & Promos (International growth).
As an Engineer in this team, you will:
- Working closely with leads, designers, product managers, and engineers to build features and product experiments for our users that help us achieving our critical goals
- Design, develop and launch product experiments and solutions. Working closely with other team members to plan and take follow-up actions, such as productization, termination, or working on the next iteration of the experiment
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across Canva when developing a solution; seek and incorporate diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers to build advanced personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.