Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
About Security Engineering Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! As the features and services of our product suite evolve, we’re setting some large and ambitious goals. We need to be able to ship robust and secure features without sacrificing speed and scale of delivery, which is where our Security Engineering Managers come in.
The security partnerships team embraces an engineering-first, shift-left model focusing on the needs and wants of engineers, they are responsible for working with high-risk groups, empowering them to navigate their security landscape and ship secure products.
As a Security Engineering Manager for the security partnerships team, it is you and your team's mission to help teams take control of their security landscape and deliver security services throughout Canva such as design reviews, threat models, glass-box penetration testing, and more.
About the Security Group
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data from information security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective controls and processes that reduce security risk. The group runs programs across Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Risk Management, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
What you'll do
- Drive delivery of Application Security services to our engineering & product organizations who operate a large-scale cloud-native SaaS application stack. Ensuring security is embedded into the SDLC from ideation to completion within start-up time frames, to securely support Canva’s rapid growth.
- Support a security-first engineering culture by making the optimally secure solution the easiest one for software engineering teams to use.
- Drive technical strategy and provide leadership to your team in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment.
- Foster a culture of communication, bridging the communication gap between teams, group, and company leadership.
- Invest in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities to help further their skills and grow into new roles, with an ability to deliver relevant and timely feedback (positive & constructive) to help them to continuously improve and learn.
- Coordinate across various specialties and parts of the business to understand the impact and feasibility of strategic goals within the group.
- Drive delivery of large, cross team and cross group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion.
- Proven experience with technical and people leadership.
- Previously developed impactful and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves.
- Previous experience as a Software or Security Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and security-first principles.
- Domain expertise in one or more areas of Application Security (e.g. Cloud security, infrastructure security, webapp security etc).
- Experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) with a working knowledge of SaaS vulnerability classes, and how they can be remediated at scale.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of Canvanauts
- Proven customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of internal partners, and find opportunities to empower them to do their best work.
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.