Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group
We're building a new product offering in Canva's visual worksuite. This will support a whole new range of jobs-to-be-done,being a part of building new productsand level up many existing features. This is a big bet that will deliver major growth for Canva, and reframe our place in the market. We're diving deep to solve difficult technical problems and make complex tasks simple for our users. We're working right at the heart of Canva's editor - from our sync/saving stack to magical editing interactions.
About the role
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll work closely with leaders across specialties, teams, and groups to set a vision, and rally teams to deliver it. You'll develop & implement strategies that take us from a greenfield project to a fully launched and successful product. You'll invest in the people around you and scale one team into a small group.
What you'll do
- Working with senior & staff level engineers to get a deep understanding of the problem domain
- Build alignment & momentum towards a common goal across teams, groups, and timezones
- Partnering with product and design for road mapping, planning resourcing and goal setting. Taking the vision of the product and making it happen
- Grow a team vertically & horizontally - invest in our people & add new ones
- Creating a collaborative & open team environment, where everyone can do the best work of their lives
- Keeping situational awareness across multiple complicated workstreams & keeping the broader company informed.
- Connect the dots from now (greenfield project) to our long term product vision
- Tenaciously prioritise - keep us passionate about the critical problems, and keep the noise away.
What you bring:
- Ability to rally a wide range of people, teams, and groups across the organisation towards a common goal
- Balancing short-term pragmatism with a steadfast commitment to building the right thing for our long-term goals.
- A strong technical background
- Ability to lead, coach & grow a strong, senior, engineering team
- Track record of empowering other leaders and building a diverse team
- Experience delivering a product from early stages to a full launch in a tightly constrained environment
Apply today to lead and launch complicated cross-cutting projects and round out our visual worksuite.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.