Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Our People Operations team are at the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless. We are problem solvers and collaborators, with a relentless focus on delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding, and everything in between, People Ops fuels Canva's growth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the Role
Our Onboarding team sits within our People Operations team. We’re looking for a lead to coach an incredible team of Onboarding Analysts who provide advice and support to our new Canvanauts onboarding into Canva. You’ll work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders such as IT, Finance, Legal, Talent Acquisition to deliver an exceptional employee onboarding experience.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment, supporting the day-to-day delivery of HR operational support. If your sweet spot is at the intersection of people, process and technology, and you get a kick out of delivering value to customers, streamlining processes and problem solving for scale, this is the role for you.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract:
Open to remote expressions across Australia and New Zealand.
What you'll do
- Coach a team of Onboarding Analysts who are responsible for sending out contracts, background checks, setting up Workday profiles etc
- Provide advice and support to our new Canvanauts from pre-employment through to their first two weeks at Canva.
- Serve as the point of escalation for the People Shared Services Onboarding team for employee queries.
- Collaborate with various teams and stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success during onboarding.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and drive process improvements.
- Support Canva’s growth in new locations and works with our global teams to ensure alignment across our offices and a consistent onboarding process.
- Work on a wide range of people programs and collaborates closely with teams across the whole People Group.
- Manage onboarding systems, and the implementation of a new ATS Onboarding tool.
What we're looking for
- Experience working in People and Culture. Experience in People Ops or Global Onboarding a bonus.
- Empower and uplift the team through your passion in people development.
- Proven project management with outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Experience with tech implementation (such as a new ATS system).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things end to end; whatever the job calls for!
- Background working with tech startups or in hyper growth and scaling environments
Please note as this is a fixed term contract, there will be no equity packages or Vibe and Thrive allowance available.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.