Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Role and Team:
The Sales Strategy & Operations Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. Sales Strategy & Operations sits within the Sales & Success function that is responsible for driving revenue from Fortune 500 as well as mid-market and SMB companies.
The Sales Strategy & Operations function supports Sales & Success in driving revenue in a scalable and sustainable way, through Incentive design and implementation, run the business reporting and analytics, sales tooling, sales process and enablement. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who can leverage data driven analysis and structured thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales methodology and the outcomes the business desires to achieve, and use this to develop sales incentives and sales process. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will review effectiveness of sales incentive plans, calculate commissions to ensure sales payouts in an accurate and timely manner, provide commission analytics to finance and cross functional stakeholders and provide input to the improvement and refinement of current incentives. In addition, you will be responsible for enhancing the sales process across new, upsell and renewal deals in Canva’s pay as you grow model, working cross functionally with legal, sales, finance and sales systems to advise on the best way to capture standard and non-standard deals keeping in mind efficiency and data integrity.
What you’ll do (Sales Commissions):
- Estimate commissions accruals at the end of each month based on forecast and performance trends in the business.
- Partner closely with sales data analysts who maintain sales performance reportings and forecasting
- Calculate sales commissions quarterly, and own the messaging and explanation of how commissions are calculated to sales as well as sales leadership
- Provide commissions analytics to cross functional stakeholders and sales leadership (e.g. distribution of sales rep performance, commissions paid vs. on target earnings, commissions paid vs. ARR)
- Take data driven approach to evaluate the effectiveness of sales incentive plans across AEs and CSMs, and work with finance and sales leadership to iterate and improve on a bi-annual basis
- Be the expert on the why, how and what around incentive plans. Build trainings in partnership with sales enablement bi-annually when incentive plans are rolled out
- Potentially in the future, evaluate commission tools to scale commissions process
What you'll do (Sales Process)
- Document processes, make recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
- Create and improve processes around deal amendments, non-standard deals (e.g. multi-year, pilots, de-bookings, extensions, bridge renewals etc.) to ensure efficiency and data integrity
- Provide support to sales on best practices on capturing deals in Salesforce, and work with sales systems team on implementing changes needed to the Salesforce instance
- Partner with sales enablement team to roll out communication and trainings related to changes in sales process
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting or related subject area is required
- Proven experience (~5 years) in Finance, Business Operations or Sales Strategy & Operations in fast growing technology company, especially working closely with Sales and customer success organizations
- Power user of Excel and Google sheets. Deep comfort with using excel formulas to join data across multiple sources (e.g. index/match, vlookups, sumifs, countifs, array formulas etc.)
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM is required, particularly around working with Salesforce.com Opportunity data
- Prior experience calculating sales commissions or working on sales incentives highly preferred
- Understanding of SQL querying nice-to-have
- Outstanding analytical/problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal communication skills and the able to interact with various stakeholders
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.