Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Canva University
Canva University (internal Learning & Development) sits within the People Experience group. Canva University is on a mission to help each and every Canvanaut grow and develop in the skills that will help them to make a positive impact, by offering the most impactful learning experiences possible.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our Growth and Development Framework called the 12 Skills, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva. Our 12 Skills are centred on four pillars that span across Leadership & Coaching, Communication, Strategy and Craft. Our learning experiences cover everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness, capability development, performance and personal development.
We're open to remote expressions of interest in Australia or New Zealand.
What you'll do
- Play a lead role in the design and implementation of our revamped skills strategy; including identifying key capability needs across Canva, partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, and translating these needs into innovative, compelling learning solutions
- Identify and develop learning solutions that build the most critical skills Canva needs to achieve it's crazy big goals
- Identify & implement opportunities to build a community of learners, using principles of social learning, habit formation & on-the-job capability development
- Partner with our SMEs across Canva, using principles of instructional design to translate their knowledge into engaging and accessible learning & development experiences
- Design and facilitate a variety of both virtual and face-to-face development experiences that are anchored to our 12 Skills Framework.
- Working with Canva University teammates (Learning designers, program managers etc) to bring the learning solutions to life
What we're looking for
- Depth of experience leading programs within capability development, leadership, talent, and/or organisational development
- Deep knowledge in instructional design, with demonstrated experience designing innovative learning & development experiences
- Bring subject matter expertise & thought leadership in the capability and leadership development space
- Strategic and solution focused mindset, with a proven ability to identify root causes & design and deliver high impact solutions to address them
- Systems-wide approach, with an ability to zoom out to see the bigger picture, and collaborate across diverse functions and geographies to drive mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven facilitation skills, delivering programs in both a face-to-face and virtual environment
- Open to and welcome change, and have the ability to problem solve/troubleshoot, and quickly iterate on the basis of feedback and changing priorities
- Organisational psychology background is desirable
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.