Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Now part of the Canva family, Flourish is the world’s leading data storytelling platform. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics and interactive stories without coding. Whether it’s data on the covid-19 pandemic , air pollution , unemployment data , or the FIFA World Cup , you’ve likely seen some of our visualizations even if you didn’t realize it. Our users include the news organizations like the BBC and Financial Times, large companies like Accenture, NGOs like Amnesty, and of course many individuals and small organizations around the world. Since launching in 2018, more than 500,000 registered Flourish users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
- Development of new visualizations using Flourish
- Improving existing visualizations with carefully judged code changes
- Improving the engineering health of the code via improved tests, code architecture, and tooling
- Working closely with product leadership to set and deliver on goals
- Learning and using new technologies such as WebGL to deliver the next generation of data visualizations
What we are looking for
- We’re open-minded about past experience - you might be an experienced data visualization developer, looking to grow your engineering skills and are keen for a bigger challenge or you might be a front-end software engineer with an interest in data visualization and a passion for using data to make decisions.
- Regardless of your background, you will be someone who enjoys working collaboratively and loves to learn new things. You care deeply about the quality of your work and are thinking about how to improve both what you’re doing and how the team works together. You’re happy to adopt existing conventions of the codebase while having ideas for how it could evolve.
- You’ll be working on tools that our users depend on, not one-off graphics, so it’s important that you have the discipline to solve problems properly and an understanding of technical architecture. You’ll also care about user-friendly interfaces and have an imagination for the countless ways users might make use of what you and the team are building.
- You’re a friendly colleague and you work well in a close-knit team. Importantly, you’re excited by Flourish and the opportunity to make it better.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
• Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
• Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
• Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
• Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.