Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Do you love data visualization, interactive content and modern web technologies? Are you a team player who likes solving difficult problems together? Do you want to join one of the UK’s most exciting tech start-ups and play a key role in developing an ambitious product with a global impact?
Flourish is the world’s leading data storytelling platform. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics and interactive stories without coding. Since its launch in 2018, more than 1 million registered users have produced around 15 million graphics, which have racked up more than 30 billion views. Our customers range from leading newsrooms and corporations to NGOs, universities and government departments all over the world.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
Following our acquisition , Flourish is a proud member of the Canva family.
We’re looking for a Sales Executive to join the Canva Flourish team! As a Sales Executive, you’ll be responsible for driving sales, developing new relationships, and engaging with new customers. You’ll work with the team to identify customer needs, create tailored solutions, and close deals.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Building relationships with potential customers
- Identifying customer needs and creating tailored solutions
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals
- Developing and executing a sales plan
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Participating in team meetings and training
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Proactive outreach and sales to big global brands
- Prepare and conduct pitches and presentations
- Conducting and organised sales process
- Systematically tracking every sales stage in our CRM system
- 2+ years of digital sales experience.
- Passion for media, web content and data.
- Proficient in prospecting and cold calling.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and digital content trends
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell to blue chip brands.
- A dynamic and sales-oriented professional, possess a persistent mindset and prove exceptional sales skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically. Another European language is a plus.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills. You’ll need to be organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to join the Canva Flourish team and to help us drive sales, then we’d love to hear from you!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.