Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Why do we need this role?
As Canva continues to grow and scale to 1B users, Global User Voice Enablement role is to ensure that User voice specialists operations will be successful in their roles in making our users happy. We need to ensure that they have the right resources and job aides which are continuously and constantly being updated, especially whenever there are process updates, product releases and the like.
The Knowledge Management Team’s role is to take part in that process, specifically by making sure that existing articles in the knowledge base are kept up to date while new process and product releases are documented for specialists’ references.
The Knowledge Management Lead’s role is to ensure that there is a strategic knowledge management process in place which includes streamlined intake and cascade process and continuous improvement initiatives. KM lead will also support growth & development of KM writers.
How will this role help Canva achieve its mission?
We know that delighted users are loyal to Canva. Knowledge Management is key in ensuring that our users’ issues get resolved in using the best path possible, in a delightful way. This team will enable specialists to support and make our users happy.
User Voice Group’s vision is “every user empowered, every voice heard.” With all the product features and improvements we are rolling out at an immense scale, the User Voice group needs to keep meeting the support needs of Canva users. Our primary goal is to solve issues before they happen, or to use technology to address them, but we have a growing need for people to resolve more complex issues.
The Content Operations team is responsible for updating, sanitising, and all-around managing our Customer Happiness Team (CHT) Knowledge Base and Canva’s customer facing Help articles. Our goal is to be the gate keeper of all content and have a consistent voice throughout our support journey, whenever our users run into issues. We use UX writing skills and user experience principles to craft useful and relevant help content so people find an answer to their questions. We ensure that all processes and product updates, whether new or existing, are reflected in our Help centre and properly documented so that specialists have ready-made references to use whenever they're handling tickets. As Canva continues on its rapid trajectory of growth, its customer support needs become increasingly complex. Thus, the need for a mechanism to ensure we are accurately answering customer queries and following established protocols become greater. Consequential to this complexity is also the higher volume of releases and product updates weekly which requires a robust knowledge base to be used as the single source of truth by the specialists.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- You will lead the newly established Content Operations team and set them up for success in our mission to use the content as a strategic lever to drive positive customer outcomes.
- You will define the strategy to take the Canvas specialist/agent knowledge base to the next level. You will set the information architecture approach, find ways to improve discoverability, and continuously increase the quality of articles so that we can encourage effective and widespread usage.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that our saved response & help article library aligns well with Canva’s voice, enables customer delight, and scales with our rapid growth. You will be transforming the team to hone writing as a craft by embedding it in our culture and establishing principles and guidelines.
- You will demonstrate value by measuring the impact of initiatives through data, and you will encourage insights-led continuous improvement.
- You will improve the reliability of our Content operations by introducing processes and cadences, such as intake, quality review processes, and information-sharing approaches.
- You will coach and develop a team of Content Operations specialists, inspiring them to be their best selves and to do their best work.
- You will work effectively across multiple other teams in the organization, such as User Voice Specialists Operations, Global User Voice Enablement Team, and Product Teams. You encourage collaboration, clarify ambiguity, and drive teams forward.
What we’re looking for
- You have a unique ability to organize a lot of information and complexity - You think strategically while pushing for clarity and simplicity. You have a gift for organizing and communicating complex information and ideas so that people find them intuitive to consume. You adopt a user-first mindset and work hard to deeply understand the needs of internal and external users.
- You lead - You are a thought leader and a people leader. You take a proactive approach in solving problems, and continue to find ways to elevate the way things are done today.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves - You are self-motivated and adaptable. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task towards the bigger picture, no task is too small if it makes the team around you more effective. You may need to facilitate a focus group discussion to gather insights one day, and be asked to present a long-term strategy the next– and the idea of putting into practice the many skills and experiences you’ve gathered over the years energizes, excites, and fulfills you!
- You collaborate and communicate with ease - You’ll be able to understand the complexity of working with multiple stakeholders with different needs. You will be the main point of contact for the team, liaising with various stakeholders across the organisation to clarify briefs, align expectations, manage deliverables and timelines as well as identify future opportunities for collaboration. You'll work closely with multiple teams to craft your team's immediate roadmap while rallying others around your longer term vision for knowledge management.
Experiences the candidate may have
- 3 to 5 years leadership experience in knowledge architecture/knowledge management roles for scaled operations (i.e. customer support, customer success)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing information and writing as a craft
- Excellent problem-solver, strategic thinker/architect, and implementation track record
- Proven track record of rallying different teams to reach an end goal and achieve the seemingly impossible
What the candidate will learn and how will they develop at Canva
- In this role, you will set the strategic foundations that will set Canva up for its 1 billion users goal. This is a unique opportunity to deliver an outsized, lasting impact that will last for years to come.
- You will be in the crossroads of many stakeholders and will gain exposure to many different departments, allowing you countless opportunities for growth. You will be exposed to different functions, and have the chance to work with international teams and leaders.
- You will learn from teammates who have diverse backgrounds and experience in various fields (product, design, analytics, leadership) from various global, industry-leading companies.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.