Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As the global Head of Business Customer Marketing at Canva, you will be a senior leader responsible for shaping and driving our B2B customer marketing strategies. This pivotal role requires a visionary leader with outstanding leadership skills and a deep understanding of B2B marketing in the SaaS industry. You will lead all aspects of our global growth marketing initiatives and reseller programs, as well as events and field marketing efforts. By driving customer-centric marketing strategies, you will play a crucial role in building long-lasting relationships with our clients, enhancing brand loyalty, and driving business growth.
What you'll be doing
- Strategic Leadership: Lead and inspire a geographically distributed team of marketing professionals, providing strategic direction, mentorship, and guidance to execute customer-focused marketing initiatives effectively.
- Customer-Centric Strategies: Develop and implement innovative global B2B customer marketing strategies, enhancing customer engagement, loyalty, and advocacy. Apply data-driven insights to personalize customer experiences and optimize customer journeys.
- Growth Marketing: Lead growth marketing programs, focusing on customer acquisition, retention, and expansion. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify growth opportunities, implement targeted campaigns, and drive revenue growth.
- Reseller Programs: Develop and run reseller programs, fostering positive relationships with partners, enabling their success, and expanding our reach in the market.
- Events and Field Marketing: Shape the strategy for impactful events and field marketing campaigns, and how they’ll come to life across digital and offline touchpoints. Collaborate with internal teams to create compelling event experiences and drive brand awareness and lead generation across tentpole, high-touch and scaled events.
- Partnerships: Cultivate and nurture strategic partnerships with key industry players, resellers, and influencers. Collaborate to create mutually beneficial initiatives that enhance brand visibility, drive customer engagement, and expand the network of B2B customer relationships. Utilize partnerships to explore new market opportunities and strengthen the company's position in the industry.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Apply data analytics and customer insights to measure the impact of marketing initiatives. Use this information to optimize strategies, enhance customer engagement, and drive business outcomes.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with sales, product, and customer success teams to ensure alignment and cohesion in customer marketing efforts. Foster a collaborative environment to drive joint initiatives and achieve common goals.
What we’re looking for
- Experience: Demonstrated ability in B2B marketing (ideally 15+ years), with a focus on customer marketing, in the SaaS industry. Proven track record of developing and executing successful customer-centric marketing strategies. Experience working on global B2B marketing programs of work across different markets will be advantageous.
- Leadership Skills: Exceptional leadership and people management skills (ideally 10+ years), with the ability to inspire and mentor a team of marketing professionals. Proven experience in building and leading impactful teams.
- Strategic Vision: Exceptional strategic approach with the ability to develop and manage comprehensive customer marketing strategies aligned with business goals. Experience in driving customer retention, expansion, and advocacy programs.
- Customer Focus: Deep understanding of customer behavior, needs, and preferences. Proven ability to create personalized and impactful customer experiences.
- Analytical Acumen: Proficiency in data analysis, customer segmentation, and using data-driven insights to drive decision-making and optimize customer marketing initiatives.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate sophisticated ideas clearly and persuasively.
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $237,000 to $356,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.