Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Being the driving force behind our data-centric approach to SEO. Your primary objective will be to harness data to provide our SEO leaders and collaborators with actionable insights, enabling them to make informed decisions that drive the direction of SEO and fuel the growth of Canva’s digital presence.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the SEO data strategies align with the broader goals of the group.
- Coaching a team of data specialists, composed of Data Scientists and sometimes Analytics Engineers or Machine Learning Engineers. This role will act as a driver of data strategy in this group and will coordinate closely with the SEO leadership team.
- Identifying the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and see it through.
- Finding insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Suggesting and running interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Building and maintaining dashboards for your group’s initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things.
- Using our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
- Helping us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
You're probably a match if:
- You have demonstrable experience leading data specialists, defining team strategy and data roadmaps.
- You've got experience working with subscription-based data sets. It would be desirable if you have experience with collaborative products as well.
- You have exceptional competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- You know how to wrangle and analyse data using Python or R.
- You have experience with optimising product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes.
About the team
You’ll be coming in to join our dynamic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) data team at Canva. At the heart of Canva, the SEO group plays a vital role in expanding user traffic to Canva's domain and numerous web pages while simultaneously enhancing their search ranking (across English and international countries) through the optimization of content and the technical performance of these pages.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.