Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
As Canva continues to rapidly grow and expand globally, the treasury function faces increased complexity in managing banking relationships, systems, and tools to support our Global treasury operations. In this role, you will take charge of shaping the vision and strategy of the Treasury function while leading a motivated team across Australia and the Philippines.
We are looking for an influential and transformational leader to head our treasury team - someone who seeks to redefine rather than follow the crowd. You are excited by the prospect of driving the evolution of the treasury function unconstrained, looking to elevate treasury capabilities across people, processes, and systems.
As the Head of Treasury, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company's treasury function, including cash management, liquidity, foreign exchange, and capital markets. Your expertise and leadership will play a pivotal role in evolving Canva's capabilities in this space, while ensuring that the treasury function's roadmap is aligned with and supports our strategic goals.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute the treasury function's Vision, Strategy, and Mission, aligned with the company's strategic objectives.
- Own and manage treasury policies, procedures, systems, and controls for effective cash management, risk mitigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Optimize the company's cash and liquidity position to support daily operations and growth initiatives, including intercompany capital requirements.
- Manage the company's balance sheet investments in cash and non-cash instruments.
- Lead foreign exchange risk management and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with the CFO and leadership team to develop and execute capital markets strategies, including debt and equity financing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with banking partners and financial institutions.
- Provide valuable input and oversight to the company's cash flow forecasts and financial models, contributing to accurate financial planning and decision-making.
- Work with cross-functional teams, such as accounting, tax, and legal, to ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and reporting standards.
- Manage and mentor a team of treasury professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to team members.
What we're looking for
- Deep technical expertise, operational skills, and a proven record of leading and scaling global treasury organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of cash management, liquidity, foreign exchange, capital markets, and risk management, including strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Experience in the technology/software sector or rapidly scaling global organizations.
- Demonstrated commercial judgment and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills to rally teams around complex goals.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills to collaborate effectively with business partners across the Company to achieve desired outcomes.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience, and our overall assessment of what we observed and learned in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $210,000 to $320,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.