Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Being part of the Integrations team and working on new Product visualization products and integration of our product inside Canva
- Finding the best possible ways to adapt best practices from Sydney engineering teams into our environment
- Building, and debug Product visualization experience and product features in Java
- Propose innovative solutions to ensure we future-proof product and features as print grows
- Actively participate in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Optimize backend performance for global scale
- Cooperate between various engineering team within Canva Global and Canva Europe.
You're probably a match if
- You have strong computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- You have commercial experience developing complex web applications in Java.
- You possess familiarity with AWS Cloud Infrastructure and services such as EC2, ECS, and Terraform. Additional experience with other cloud providers would be a plus e.g. GCP/Azure
- You have experience in designing and working with distributed systems that need to scale and be robust to sustain heavy traffic.
- Your know-how of tooling and concepts behind CI/CD is firmly grounded
We have an ambitious roadmap of integrating SM product visualization into Canva and need the help of more BE engineers to help with those goals.In total we have 12 people in engineering - we all still have a big impact and the ability to do crazy big things. Our Engineering consists of three teams - two of them are working on Canva integrations - Smartmockups product and Smartmockups tool in Canva. This backend engineer will join our team to work on critical Smartmockups <> Canva integrations. Join us and design your future.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.