As the Global Head of Consumer Marketing, you'll lead a high impact team tasked with driving brand awareness and adoption of Canva’s products and offering by knowledge workers, small business owners, students and teachers, and consumers.
We’re focussed on making Canva the design platform of choice for everyone, building off exceptional product-led adoption by more than 150 million people around the world, and have an ambition to reach 1 billion people in the coming years. You’ll play an integral role in building our brand, and driving awareness and adoption across our key audiences through strategic marketing.
You’ll lead a team that includes brand marketing, media, performance marketing, lifecycle, loyalty, social, community and creative, and will partner closely with peers across B2B marketing, international marketing, as well as Martech, PR & Comms, Research & Data, and Product Marketing to ensure alignment. You’ll bring strategies to life across the US, Canada and Australia, and shape our playbooks globally, in partnership with our international marketing team.
We're looking for an experienced marketer who can tackle ambiguous problems and drive impact. You will bring definition and clarity to develop our global consumer marketing plans, driving adoption of our Visual Suite of products (Docs, Websites, Whiteboards, Presentations, Social, Videos), for Canva’s free, Pro, and Teams experiences. You're up for the build, and will bring your extensive experience to the table building global brands, but be ready to write the playbook too as we continue to build a successful bottoms-up, consumer-led business, while expanding our B2B footprint.
You’ll bring global experience, and be able to both build and lead a team across our offices in Sydney and San Francisco, and expand through local hiring in regional hubs. You have exceptional written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex stakeholder environments and a passion for rallying people around a single unified plan.
Reporting into the Global Chief Marketing officer, you’ll lead and build cross-functional teams, and manage a multi-million dollar global budget. We're open to hiring this role in California as well as Australia.
What you'll be doing
- Develops long term marketing objectives, strategies and tactics; proactively identifies gaps and opportunities
- Lead functions including Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, Lifecycle/Loyalty, Social,Community and Creative, and partner with functions including Martech, PR & Comms, Research & Data, and Product Marketing.
- Develop a clear strategy for our consumer marketing ensuring alignment with marketing objectives and broader company mission, leveraging brand, growth, community and lifecycle marketing
- Manage complex decisions and problems, using high judgment and expertise to mitigate risks created by complexity and make trade offs to ensure the right outcomes
Marketing Budget Ownership
- Own management of the multi-million dollar consumer marketing budget, working closely with Finance and the other functional team leads
- Determine the right mix of investment across audiences, channels and markets to drive outcomes
- Accountable for user growth, product adoption and self-serve revenue
- Leads an organization of multiple layers (and specialties) with team members in multiple geographies
- Able to set a vision, design a strategy, and align the organization on the achievement of goals/priorities
- Uses expertise to design team structures to meet long term business goals
- Ensures the right people are in the right roles, creates growth and development opportunities, and builds highly effective and engaged teams
- Creates a culture that embodies Canva’s values. Builds diverse and inclusive teams and focuses on team member wellbeing
- Work closely with the Head of International Marketing to build out a scalable approach to marketing across our key priority markets
- Help define playbooks and approaches for international teams and build a center of excellence model to support brand, performance, lifecycle marketing etc.
- Evolve roles and responsibilities and ways of working across teams to ensure efficiency and impact
Experience and skills we’re looking for
- You have 15+ years experience in Marketing, with 10+ years leading global teams
- You have aligned and led cross-functional and global teams with detailed written and visual communications
- You are able to grow, inspire and coach high performing teams
- You have navigated complex stakeholder environments to drive tangible business outcomes
- Experience working across both B2C and B2B brands, and managing a variety of functions including growth marketing, experiential, content marketing, customer marketing, brand and PR and communications.
- Strong at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery and scalability
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $294,000 to $444,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.