Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are looking for passionate Freelance Videographers in Japan to join the Contractor Videography Pool that is led by the in-house Canva Video Production Team! We’re interested in engaging Videographers on a part-time basis for an initial 12-month period.
Our videography library encompasses a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful videos — so we’re after self-motivated videographers who love to have creative freedom in responding to a brief in one or more of the following categories:
- Still Life/Product
As part of the hiring process you will be required to conduct an initial test shoot. We will be assessing how you communicate, your capacity to meet the production deadline, your ability to meet our quality standards throughout, and the way in which you execute the ideas provided in the creative brief.
What you'll do
- You will collaborate closely with the Canva Video Production Team during the pre-production stage
- You will cast a diverse set of models & book the appropriate studio/location, securing signed model/property releases when applicable
- You will be responsible for booking relevant creative collaborators when appropriate (i.e. hair and makeup artist, fashion stylist, etc.), as well as sourcing relevant props and mindfully allocating the provided allowance
- You will shoot videos based on creative briefs directed by the Canva Video Production Team and in line with the technical guidelines
- You will be required to meet the production deadline by carrying out the production in an efficient manner
- You will submit a refined set of videos, choosing only the best clips per layout!
- You have an online portfolio showcasing your videography work (please share the link to your amazing work in your application!)
- You possess an exceptional understanding of the fundamentals of videography and have a proven track record of delivering fresh, relevant, high-quality videos
- We are looking for an outstanding eye and experience shooting videos with style variations
- You are skilled with post-production software including Davinci, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar.
- You hold a good command of English and your local language
- You own or have full access to videography equipment
- You can to commit to at least one shoot every fortnight!
- You enjoy taking creative and art direction
- You've got experience in sourcing talents/locations and securing releases
- You are an efficient storyteller and are confident you can run production within an allotted production timeline
About the team
As Canva continues to scale, so does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content in the form of photos, graphics, fonts, videos, and more.
The mission of the Videos team is to create high-quality, diverse and inspiring videography. One of our biggest goals is to diversify and grow our video library providing our users with authentic, culturally relevant videos that they can use in their designs.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.