Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
We are looking for passionate Freelance Photographers in Japan to join the Contractor Photography Pool that is led by the in-house Canva Photo Production Team! We’re interested in engaging Photographers on a part-time basis for an initial 12-month period.
Our photos library encompasses a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful photos — so we’re after self-motivated photographers who love to have creative freedom in responding to a brief in one or more of the following categories:
- Still Life/Product
As part of the hiring process, you will be required to conduct an initial test shoot. We will be assessing how you communicate, your capacity to meet the production deadline, your ability to meet our quality standards throughout, and the way in which you execute the ideas provided in the creative brief.
About the opportunity
- You will collaborate closely with the Canva Photo Production Team during the pre-production stage
- You will cast a diverse set of models & book the appropriate studio/location, securing signed model/property releases when applicable
- You will be responsible for booking relevant creative collaborators when appropriate (i.e. hair and makeup artist, fashion stylist, etc.), as well as sourcing relevant props and mindfully allocating the provided allowance
- You will shoot based on creative briefs directed by the Canva Photo Production Team and in line with the technical guidelines
- You will be required to meet the production deadline by carrying out the production in an efficient manner
- You will submit a refined set of photos, choosing only the best clips per layout!
- You have an online portfolio showcasing your photography work (please share the link to your amazing work in your application!)
- You possess an exceptional understanding of the fundamentals of photography and have a proven track record of delivering fresh, relevant, high-quality photosWe are looking for an outstanding eye and experience shooting photos with style variations
- You are skilled with post-production software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or other similar tools
- You hold a good command of English and your local language
- You own or have full access to photography equipment
- You enjoy taking creative and art direction
- You've got experience in sourcing talents/locations and securing releases
- You are an efficient storyteller and are confident you can run production within an allotted production timeline
To apply, please submit:
- Your updated portfolio