Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva China marketing team is a diverse team of marketers who drive brand awareness, organic user growth and affinity in the China market. You’ll partner closely with leads across the China Group to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for market-specific growth goals for China. You will also bridge China's marketing & growth team with the broader global Marketing Supergroup across Brand Marketing, PR & Comms, Social & Content, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Creative.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic storyteller who is excited to build Canva’s brand presence in this space, and help us drive cultural connection with the Canva brand within the market.
What you will do
- Develop social media and content strategy on local channels (Red, Douyin, WeChat, etc), to support overall China marketing strategies and campaigns;
- Come up with innovative and creative solutions to position Canva as a thought leader in design;
- Get hands on with content creation (copy, statics, video) across the social media channels, and develop social media content calendar;
- Be a brand guardian for our social media content across all channels, ensuring we establish a strong tone of voice and represent our values;
- Interact and engage with our community on our social media channels;
- Work alongside the global social team to localize brand and social campaigns that create cultural connection and deliver against our local business goals;
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and the other business teams to drive key metrics.
- Monitor social media trends and the competitive landscape to create strategic decisions for Canva’s brand in the local market.
- React to local and social media trends to increase Canva’s brand awareness.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in social media marketing, with proven success in local channels (Red, Douyin, WeChat, etc)
- Has deep knowledge & expertise of social platforms, stays on top of emerging platforms and has opinions on how to best leverage them
- Has hands-on experience building contents and campaigns that are so engaging and timely that they went viral
- Follows industry trends and conversations as well as new tools and techniques that are emerging
- Understands how to effectively measure social media campaigns and how to adjust content and priorities based on data insights
- Knows how to engage multiple audiences at the same time and how to determines when certain products and stories make sense to different markets and audiences
- Ability to build productive relationships internally with cross-team stakeholders & externally with partners or agencies. Strong collaborator with a team mentality
- Can use English as working language
- Prefer: experience in co-branding partnership, team management
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since Canva’s launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing 125 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 15 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!