Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Collaborating with other teams and specialties to tackle product-/user-related issues and research requests;
- Taking charge of making Canva a better online design platform through product-/user-related research projects, applying your skills and energy in interviewing/usability testing/data crunching/etc. to provide solid and actionable insights to various teams;
- Making research impact through sharing your research with relevant stakeholders and follow-up on internal research requests;
- Promoting research ideology throughout the China Group, generating a research culture with a reputation for being insightful and reliable.
You're probably a match if
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Sociology/HCI/Statistics/Business Administration or other related majors, which include empirical qualitative and quantitative studies in your study module;
- You have at least 3 years of full-time working experience in a product or user researcher’s role, with cross-functional or -cultural background experiences, ideally in an internet company;
- You have hands-on experience in performing research projects, including questionnaire design/ participant recruitment/conducting interviews or usability testing/data analysis/report writing and presenting;
- You feel comfortable using English as the primary working language, including proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading;
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google worksuite;
- You are good at logical thinking and a problem solver with sound communication skills, a good person, and easy to work with others.
About the team
- The Product Design team is responsible for the product UI and online experience of Canva.cn . Our mission is to empower everyone to design by bringing a stellar user experience. This means we focus on many aspects of the product and user process while at the same time making proper adjustments according to the user's voice.
- We have tons of interesting topics and projects to work on. As a member of an important team in a fast-growing company, you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish with your passion and energy. Together, we’ll make Canva known and loved by more and more users!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.