Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the group and team
The Brand Experience Group is on a mission to empower anyone to bring their brand to life with every design.
The Group delivers amazing product experiences across all Canva’s subscription plans - Free, Pro, Teams, Education and Not-For-Profit - which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue.
The Brand Experience Group is early in our journey and there’s so much more we can do to achieve our exciting and bold vision to empower all kinds of makers to create on brand, manage brands, scale brand design and beyond!
- Define a clear strategy and roadmap with the team and leadership that will help grow subscribers, user frequency and retention.
- Help execute an effective discovery process for the team’s features, as well as serve as the domain expert on user JTBD.
- Work with designers to solve real problems through flawless user experiencesWork with the team of engineers to set (and hit) crazy, big delivery goals
- Work with a passionate, cross-functional squad of product marketers, data analysts and more to deliver amazing outcomes to our users.
- Recognise the biggest picture, communicate, collaborate, and compromise effectively with collaborators and other PMs for the best outcome for Canva
- Experience as a product manager of a SaaS software product, with experience working at scale a huge plus.
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- You’re a strong communicator - can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Really strong UX skill set.
- Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting it.
- Someone who can generate insight based on vision, data and user feedback, clearly define a direction for a team and then execute in a fast-paced environment to deliver customer value and delightful experiences.
- You have an ownership mentality and high agency to get projects from concept to reality as quickly as possible!
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact.
What you'll achieve in the first 3-6 months
- Settle in and learn about your team and how users are using our brand experience features today
- Gain valuable context about the branding needs of our user base including solo users, teams users, education users, and many more user segments
- Launch and land a number of the exciting in flight projects to our users to improve the adoption of our core brand capabilities and deepen the engagement of these customers
- Dive deep into the brand experience vision and user needs, and define a roadmap for the next season that is optimised for speed and impact while making Canva the go-to platform for our customers to design on-brand.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.