Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Kamusta, hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role will drive the rollout of key strategic projects in the Global User Voice-customer support space, for instance:
- Leading the initiative to offer customers new channels to contact support (chat or phone support), with a focus on leading cross-functional collaborators for a seamless execution;
- Selecting and implementing software and tools that help us unlock the next level of efficiency for our global support network, such as the team management tool;
- Introducing new processes to streamline our scaled operations, such as proper intake processes, critical metrics and scorecards, and operational review cadences
... and many other strategic programs, all to set us up for our 1 billion users goal!
We would love to have an adaptable Program Manager who takes a cross-functional perspective and ensures that the Quality, Learning, Knowledge/Content, Workforce, Vendor, and other teams are aligned in the execution of the strategic programs mentioned, as the respective teams focus on delivering operational excellence in their BAU and team-specific initiatives.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Partnering with the User Voice Leads to capture relevant contextual information, asking the right questions, that will help set you up for your goal/s
- Scoping projects from chaos to clarity and solving ambiguous problems by approaching them in a structured and logical manner
- Driving projects forward by coordinating timelines, turning points, and statuses, flagging dependencies, and calling out issues as needed
- Proactively offer solutions to anticipated risks and issues, with ease and composure; and apply sound judgment when optimizing the balance between quality, capacity, cost, and user engagement
- Quantifying the goals and impact of your project, with customer and business outcomes in mind, and continuously finding ways to sustain and improve the outcomes
- Facilitating the running of smooth, efficient operations including setting goals, defining scorecards and operational cadences as needed
You're probably a match if:
- You have a unique skill to move projects from chaos to clarity - We receive briefs in all shapes and sizes, from rough ideas to more well-thought-out complex problems. You’ll be identifying the program/project scope, clarifying outcomes, anticipating needs, understanding timelines, leading across teams, resourcing, and goals, all to steer the team to move in the same direction, forward. You’re able to find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction and map out a path to clarity and execution
- You collaborate with ease - You’ll be able to understand the complexity of working with multiple collaborators with different needs. You will be the point of contact for the team, collaborating closely with various partners across the organization to clarify briefs, set shared expectations, lead goals and timelines as well as identify future opportunities for collaboration. You’ll work closely with the Leadership, Product, Content/Knowledge Management, Quality, Workforce Management, Learning, and Operations Managers to help define the scope of projects and help craft and deliver on our roadmap.
- You communicate complexity, effectively - You strive for clarity and alignment, and have a gift for presenting complex ideas visually. You are comfortable making hypotheses by drawing usable insights from data and are able to lead with logic when making recommendations.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves - You are self-motivated and adaptable. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task towards the bigger picture, no task is too small if it makes the team around you more effective. You may need to facilitate a focus group discussion to capture insights one day, and be asked to present a long-term strategy the next—and the idea of putting into practice the many skills and experiences you’ve gathered over the years energizes, excites, and fulfills you!
About the team
Global User Voice Enablement Team (fondly called GrUVE), is on a mission to delight Canva users with every support interaction, by scalably empowering every customer specialist to deliver excellent quality support.
The GrUVE team will cover Work Force Management, Content, Learning and Development, Vendor Management, Process Design, Quality and Specialist Tools Enablement. This role will act as a Program Manager working with all the mentioned teams ensuring that we all work together towards common strategic goals.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
We'd love if you have
- Relevant experience in the project management field in technology companies for customer operations, preferably in scaled support/service
- Demonstrated excellence in project managing ambiguous strategic projects, seeing them through from start to finish
- Worked with leadership to drive outcomes in steering committee discussions
- Proven track record of rallying different teams to reach an end goal and achieve the seemingly impossible