Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
This role is based in our flagship campus in Sydney. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales, change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to anticipate needs before they arise and loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to be working with if you’re great at prioritising, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and keeping calm under pressure.
Marketing at Canva has scaled rapidly in the last few years and is an incredibly complex and ever-evolving group. Working in the marketing space means juggling a huge number of always changing priorities and complexities - including:
- different geographies and timezones as we scale teams all over the world;
- helping to plan for large budgets that cut across hundreds of initiatives and many global markets;
- working with more developed and newly formed teams as we look to evolve our existing teams, and scale up new ones;
- bringing together all different types of marketers (whether that’s designers, brand managers, performance marketing managers) and making them feel a part of the wider plan;
- balancing short term strategies and longer term visions to make sure that we’re building for short term impact as well as scalable and sustainable growth.
By it’s very nature, the Leadership Ops role evolves as the business evolves. Anyone coming into this role should be prepared to work in an evolving environment, comfortable working with some level of ambiguity and be prepared to always be juggling multiple competing priorities.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Being a strategic partner : You’ll be a key strategic partner to Zach Kitschke, our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), this will mean being a trusted sounding board for decisions, consolidating requests and making recommendations or helping communicate to the wider business.
- Planning and operations : You’ll coach a small but mighty operations team, who ensure that the Marketing group is running smoothly - overseeing our core planning and reporting processes to ensure that the group stays on track to hit goals.
- Representing the CMO : Act as a representative on behalf of the CMO in meetings or projects. Be able to divide and conquer to ensure coverage in key work streams.
- Prioritisation : You’ll be the primary triage point and a gateway to our CMO. Canva moves fast and priorities are always changing, so you have to be across everything to make sure that the most urgent requests are being prioritised at the right point in time.
- Proactively driving projects forward and taking on ad hoc program s: You’ll take on driving key projects and initiatives that are critical to Marketing. This will include cross-cutting project management with stakeholders that sit in many different parts of Canva.
- Being a Real People Person : You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company, this will be critical to ensuring that there is the right two-way visibility between the marketing team and the business.
- Owning the day to day : Working together with the CMO’s Admin Business Partner, you’ll make sure that our CMO’s time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively.
- Being in the detail : You have an innate desire to focus on the little things without losing sight of the bigger picture. Using insights and trends to guide and drive initiatives that have a measurable benefit to Canva and the Marketing group.
You're probably a match if:
- You have 7 + years of experience in in strategy, planning or operations with some of that experience within marketing. You’re ideally someone who has exposure to working in Marketing across any field and has strong operations experience and able to run processes at pace and scale, that span multiple markets, across multiple regions.
- You’re truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role and driven to turn chaos rapidly to clarity, and then communicate it clearly. You truly champion the value of Making Complex Things Simple.
- You’re someone with a strong and demonstrated bias for action, constantly striving to get things done, and move complex and critical initiatives forward, often navigating the new and unknown.
- You have great visual communication and design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!).
- You’re a real people person - someone who thrives on communicating cross-functionally, across multiple business areas and levels - managing complex projects with clear, succinct and targeted comms to engage multiple audiences and drive solutions forward.
About the team
This opportunity sits within the Marketing group and will be a partner to our CMO to extend their reach and capacity. The Leadership Operations role will be integral in supporting Canva’s CMO, their Marketing Leads, the Marketing Group, and our Canva team to perform at their very best, providing focussed strategic direction on projects and creating spaces to proactively solve business challenges.
Our Operations specialty is dispersed throughout Canva, supporting our functions to deliver on their crazy big goals. The team is on a mission to build and optimise ways of working to empower Canvanauts around the world. Our Operations Business Partners support the operational cadences and goal delivery of our groups, while our Admin Business Partners focus on unlocking the capacity of Canva's Leaders by taking all administrative support.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Operations Business Partner - Andy Gott has to say about working in Operations at Canva -
"Our mission is to keep the wheels of the business turning efficiently."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.