Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
We’re expanding the dedicated End User Computing team at Canva to focus on the growing needs of our organisation. This team maintains the device management, configuration and compliance of end user devices, as well as the required infrastructure to support it.
Our vision is to make working on Canva devices a secure, delightful and frictionless experience. Our mission is to eliminate Canva devices as a source of compromise through user-centric security mechanisms and practices.
We’re looking for an engineer with experience in the End User Computing space that is passionate about making complex things simple and empowering others. This is a hands-on role with a good split of technical work and stakeholder management. You’ll get to define our future end user ecosystem, build it, and be a founding member of the team that supports it. Our teams at Canva are highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with a number of different stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Drive delivery of engineering projects from ideation to completion within start-up time frames to promote end user productivity while keeping our systems secure, performant and compliant.
- Integrate first and third-party systems for device management, security, user experience, and productivity.
- Maintain device security by actively managing vulnerabilities and configuring security-related tools in collaboration with the Security teams.
- Provide technical expertise through technical design documentation and code reviews.
- Facilitate and participate in change and incident management processes.
- Foster a culture within Canva that enables all employees to work efficiently while maintaining device security.
- Collaborate with our support and engineering teams to optimise the end-to-end experience on work platforms for employees.
- 5+ years of experience in Apple device management, with a proven track record of implementing a diverse range of vendor and open-source tools, including EDR, VPN, DLP, and Zero Trust, serving as a primary technical subject matter expert (SME).
- Proficiency in managing 2000+ devices across various operating systems in a hybrid work environment with users distributed across different time zones.
- Comfortable working with mainstream programming languages, with a strong focus on Python and Bash, which are the primary languages used in our current internal tooling.
- Hands-on experience integrating Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions with Identity Provider (IdP), Single Sign-On (SSO), Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)/Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME), and Apple Business Manager/Apple School Manager (ABM/ASM).
- Proven expertise in deploying device compliance baselines and effectively monitoring device state to ensure security and compliance.
- Exceptional communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal, enabling effective coordination with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking abilities, enabling the successful delivery of technology solutions for complex tasks.
Beneficial Experience (Nice to have):
- Experience in device management across Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, and/or Android platforms.
- Experience collaborating with business analysts and project managers to successfully drive organisational change management.
- Experience in configuring and deploying configuration and infrastructure platforms, including Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Software development expertise, preferably in Swift.
- Proficiency and experience implementing device monitoring and telemetry technologies, data collection, analysis and reporting.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.