Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. This will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As an MAU Growth Digital Designer, you will partner with the team to deliver marketing landing pages and experiments that drive conversions on those pages globally. You will be a problem solver who is passionate about delivering best-in-class user experience, and visual design, by using data to understand how your work can bring business impact.
You will be working alongside PMMs, Engineers, Marketers, and Data analysts to create experiences that delight and convert.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Discovery - Contribute to the discovery phase with user testing, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.
- Definition - Translate insights, data, and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with team members and end users.
- Visual design - Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as hero banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages, and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation - Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography, and general experience are flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration - Apply experiment learnings and optimise landing pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale - Keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
You're probably a match if:
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, an excellent understanding of user behaviour, and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimisation, A/B testing, User testing, and using data to inform design decisions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify the user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, marketers, and other teams throughout the company.
- You are an empathetic user advocate who values the backing of research and data analysis when designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
About the team
- The MAU Growth team's mission is to drive MAU growth by delivering engaging and effective digital experiences to connect users to our free product offering. Our aim is to optimise our existing landing pages to drive new and existing users down the funnel, furthering Canva’s mission to empower the world to design.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.