Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and more play a critical and pivotal role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content has far reaching business impact and is a key driver of user acquisition, retention and revenue
The Content Creative team’s mission is to build the most valuable content library in the world to inspire our users to create their next design. We work collaboratively across the Content & Discovery group, and other groups to identify & implement opportunities to drive user engagement through content. This group will be focused on developing the world’s most inspiring and valuable library of photos, videos, animations, illustrations, graphics, fonts, and more. Working to ensure that our content is Truly Local, the Content Creative sub-group has a global remit to create and acquire the most relevant, high quality content from around the world.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment this role is focussed on:
- Develop comprehensive creative strategies for the company, aligning it with highest priority company objectives.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work culture , encouraging the team to share ideas and experiment with new concepts.
- Implement processes and tools to streamline the creative workflow, improving efficiency and productivity in collaboration with the Operations team.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in the creative industry, ensuring the team remains relevant and competitive.
- Enhance collaboration with Strategy Leads , as well as Marketing and Product teams, to ensure cohesive and impactful ROI in content.
- Oversee the conceptualisation and execution of high-quality, visually appealing creative projects that resonate with the target audience.
- Nurture and mentor Craft Leads , providing them with opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of creative initiatives and make data-driven decisions for continuous improvement.
- Strengthen the creative content by cultivating strong relationships with external creative vendors and partners to enhance capabilities and expand creative resources.
What we are looking for:
- Stunning creative eye. You have an online portfolio showcasing work you have directed, produced. or developed with a team of creatives across photography, video, illustration or animation (please share the link to your amazing work in your application!). You love being up to date on the latest trends, and creating the perfect brief to bring your creative visions to life, along with developing your team so that they share that skillset and can work effectively with creatives of every type.
- Production-minded. You possess an exceptional understanding of the complexities of the production of illustration, photography, video and animation, and have a proven track record of briefing in and delivering high quality assets for campaigns or brand creative. You love developing strategy to direct production schedules across multiple streams of work to ensure they’re high quality and delivered on budget
- Able to scale We are seeking someone with a love of creating quality work at global scale, and coaching your team to do the same—thinking creatively about how we can produce high quality elements efficiently to meet our users’ needs, and help them to design anything they can imagine
- Highly Collaborative Approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers in a product context. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Problem-first mindset. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems. You’re energised by tackling big goals and taking on challenges that are totally new in the industry
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Data Fluency. You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success. You enjoy understanding the impact and success of your work, and using available data to make decisions about where to invest and what content our users need
- A people-first leader In a busy tech company, we need a compassionate and effective leader with experience building growth and development in a large team. You will be experienced in navigating business needs while protecting the well-being of your team, thinking creatively about how we can scale our impact out of sight while building great work/life balance with your team
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.